Associate Research Scientist I
Position Title: Associate Research Scientist I
Department/Group: Research / AnH
Position Reports To: Sr. Manager, Product Development
Approx. # of People Supervised: 0
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The primary purpose of this position is to serve internal JBS United business units through creative design and execution of research purposed to achieve business unit priorities in the area of monogastric livestock. Ability to collaborate with JBS United researchers and external scientists to execute research priorities in a team approach is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties, but not limited to the following:
- Develop & utilize animal- & laboratory-based tools and models to execute on prioritized research & product development areas.
- Contribute actively to discussion of protocols, data, and project outcomes as a member of the Research Operations Team.
- Contribute actively in teams directed to define market and value opportunities for potential product development.
- Innovate the research process towards greater efficiency in the utilization of resources, creation of pioneering research models for development & evaluation of technologies, and application of outcomes.
- Manage details and execution of research projects at multiple research sites.
- Participate actively in discussions with partners, vendors, and universities concerning potential technologies and products for use in JBS United nutrition products.
- Actively support and work alongside Technical Service teams and Product Managers on the education of Sales and Account Management personnel regarding research outcomes and technology utilization.
In order to apply for this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- 2 –5 years professional experience
- M.S. or Ph.D in Animal Science or related field
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work both in office and farm environment, including labor associated with animal experiments.
Specialized Job / Technical Knowledge:
- Knowledge of agricultural industry preferred
- Knowledge of product planning and product introduction principles
- Knowledge of product positioning, branding, pricing, & distribution principles
- Knowledge of product quality concepts and product validation procedures
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various functional areas.
- Excellent flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and job assignments
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills
- Working within a matrix organization and shared services environments
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and company e-mail system
- Champion of JBS United Culture
Licenses / Certification: