Research Associate I
Job Title: Research Associate I
Position Reports To: Research Associate II
Department: Research / Nutrition
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The primary function or purpose of this position is to provide support to scientist in conducting research, developing technologies and communicating relevant information to stakeholders.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Prepare data generated at research locations for summarization. Conduct data analysis and interpret with the principle investigator, generate tables, project reports, slide presentations, and maintain organized records and history of projects. Present findings to team members, the sales force, and customers.
- Manage protocols at the office level, and communicate objectives and methods with research locations. Write protocols for research locations to implement, and oversee experimental farm & customer pig research trials.
- Communicate proactively with research locations to organize research projects and provide trial design information, formulations, and all needed information to complete the study from start to finish. Routinely monitor research projects at farm level, report to team members on progress, and assist in data collection at research locations when needed.
- Organize logistics of feed manufacture and delivery for research projects to farms as well as prepare samples to send off for analysis. Perform laboratory procedures, including preparation of fecal material, animal tissues, and feed samples for analysis.
- Maintain company publications, research reports, and assist in the communication of information to other team members. Conduct literature reviews and research background information to share with R&D personnel.
- Provide support for diet formulation, quality control, and special research projects as needed. This may include diet formulation, database management of information and managing quality control processes.
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Typical Work Environment
- Some work is conducted outdoors at a swine farm with exposure to the elements
- Some work is conducted in a temperature-regulated office environment
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
- BS Degree in an agriculture related field of study or business management field of study.
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Have background knowledge of animal husbandry and the desire to work with animals.
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with ability to work effectively with others
- Must desire to work as a team, but proactively accomplish individual and team responsibilities.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent record-keeping skills, both written and electronic
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in performing work
- Willing and able to learn nutritional concepts and statistical design processes.
- Able to be flexible in their daily schedule.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and company e-mail system
- Ability to utilize the internet.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds periodically
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 1 – 2 years professional experience working within a team to accomplish company goals.
- 1 – 2 years experience in animal agriculture